Construction update for the Wagga Wagga Station (oct 2020)
How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
I always knew that the Wagga station building would be the single most involved model on the entire layout. So how do you go about it?
Mark Twain offered an amazing short explaination
"The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and starting on the first one."
Well, this is the philosophy I am following.
|Both front sections of the station have similar doorways behind the front facade. This one opens on the veranda on the RHS.|
|To assist with the arch shape, I made a template from brass. The hope was that all the arches would be consistant if I used the brass as the pattern.|
|Two layers of 0.040 thou styrene for the doorway. |
|Adding the brass template gives the shape of the arch over the doorway|
|Styrene arch made from 0.020 thou sheet.|
|Once added, the 3D effect starts to evolve. The 3 arches, opening onto the waiting room have been penciled onto a styrene sheet for effect, but not attached at this stage. |
Thank you to those people who advised me of what era to base my model on. I have now committed to the "restored", rather than being accurate to my future layouts nominal 1970's timeframe.
Next activities are to work on the entrance wall, and the windows along the verandas.
Until next time.